BATTLE AT THE ROCK 2020
2020 Athlete Information
Athlete Event Check-In:
- Saturday afternoon 10/3, 1-4pm OR
- Sunday morning 10/4, 6:45- 7:45am
We will mark your athlete # on you and will provide your competition T-shirt/swag bag at this time. After check-in, you may also sign up for the FLOATER WODs. You must be checked in by 7:45am Sunday morning to compete!
This year we will have two scheduled events, two floater events, and a Final Showdown for our top RX athletes (see below)! The outdoor floater event will be saved for a last-minute surprise! It will be posted by Saturday at 12pm.
After the conclusion of two main workouts and two floater workouts, the top 6 finishers in both the Men’s and Women’s RX Divisions will be announced. These athletes will compete in a final workout to determine the final standings. The workout will be announced along with the top 6 in each division.
Two events will have scheduled heat times and two will be floaters between 8:45am-3:00pm. You will need to sign up for floater times during Athlete Event Check-In and you can only sign yourself up (sorry, no signing up your friends). You will have a chance to practice the parking lot floater during Athlete Check-In only! We encourage you to come by Saturday to take advantage of this! The Heat Schedule will be announced no later than 10pm Thursday night. Check-in for your heat will be 10min prior to each of your heat start times!
- 8am – Athlete Briefing
- 8:15am – National Anthem
- 8:30am – Event 1 begins
- 8:45am - Floater Events begin
- 5:00pm – Final heat of Rx conclude
- 5:15pm - Awards
Due to somewhat limited spaces, we would greatly appreciate you carpool with your fellow athletes and any spectators coming to watch you. Parking is available across the street at the Castle Rock School of Gymnastics.
Athlete Tent City
Our main parking lot in front of the Castle Rock Fitness facility will be reserved for athlete tents.
Slim Chickens will be cooking breakfast & lunch (see menu below). We encourage you to pack anything else you’ll need for a long day! We will have drinks for sale in the gym and there are plenty of food and stores within a 1-2 mile radius of our facility.
We will have an indoor area setup for athletes to warm-up in the gymnastics building across the street. This is the warm up area for all events, with the exception of the RX Final Showdown where those athletes will have an opportunity to warm up in their lane.
Specialized Physical Therapy, our Title Sponsor, will provide services to our athletes free of charge! With locations in Centennial, Ken Caryl/Littleton, Pearl/Denver, and Brighton, CO, check out all they have to offer for your preventative, maintenance, injury, and recovery treatment needs. Their services will be available on a sign-up basis and they are very busy throughout the day, so be sure to get your name on the list as soon as possible!
Sponsors & Awards: We are pleased to have wonderful sponsors again this year! Check out our sponsor list at the top of this page! Rx division is eligible for cash prizes!
COVID-19 Safety Precautions and Cleaning Procedures
● We will be unable to provide community chalk during the competition this year. Athletes should bring their own chalk or we will have chalk blocks for sale the day of.
● All equipment will be cleaned by our volunteers between each heat. The warm up area will be provided with cleaning supplies and we do ask that each athlete wipe down any equipment that is used.
● Spectators will not be allowed inside either building. The garage doors will be open in the main gym area allowing spectators to see the event from outside. The gymnastics facility has a smaller garage door on the back side of the building where athletes can be watched from there.
● Masks are required in the gymnastics facility at all times other than when competing in your designated floater heat time. This means athletes will need to enter and exit the facility and workout area wearing a mask. Masks will be required in the warm up area.
● Viewing areas are limited. We ask that you and your spectators use your best judgement in adhering to local safety precautions to include mask wearing and social distancing.
● You will be asked to sign a COVID-19 waiver upon check-in.
Are there T-Shirts for the Competition?
Yes! Be sure to register no later than September 7th to guarantee your correct size. We will have some extras for registrants after the 7th, but no guarantees on sizes.
Will there be an area to set up tents, blankets, etc. to hang out during the day?
Yes, we will have our main parking lot available for "tent city", as well as sponsors, food trucks, recovery, etc. Please keep in mind that all athletes and spectators will be required to adhere to any state/local social distancing guidelines.
Is there a warm-up area?
Yes, we have a warm-up area reserved for athletes only.
Are there restrooms available?
There will be restrooms for athletes, volunteers, and spectator use.
Are there prizes?
We will be giving out awards to our top 3 athletes in all divisions - Open Men, Open Women, Masters Men, and Masters Women. Cash prizes will be awarded for podium finishers in the RX divisions.
Are refunds available if I can't make it?
In the case that we are required to cancel the event due to COVID-19, all athletes will be issued a full refund. Outside of a full event cancellation, we will not be offering refunds. Tickets can be transferred to another athlete within 7 days of the competition start date. Email for any transfer requests.
Do I need to wear a mask?
All athletes will be required to wear a mask while in the warm-up location and while receiving any treatment from our Title Sponsor, Specialized Physical Therapy. While working out in your heats, athletes will not be required to wear masks.
Are spectators allowed?
Yes, spectators can observe the competition from the open garage doors outside of the building. Due to safety precautions, we will not be allowing anyone inside the gym other than volunteers and athletes.
What if I don't want to compete but would like to volunteer?
Awesome! Email us at for more information. We would love your help!
Can I bring my dog?
We love dogs, but to avoid any allergy related issues, we ask that you keep your pets at home.